Did you know your Alumni Society membership contributes to scholarship? Each year deserving students receive support through Alumni Society membership. A Lifetime Membership costs $250, but $200 of that membership fee goes to the Lady Kate Medders (LKM) Scholarship Fund, originally established in 1976. Annual Membership costs $25, but $10 of that fee goes to LKM Scholarship Fund, which supports an Information Sciences student scholarship every year. The LKM scholars are selected by the Information Science Department’s scholarship committee to receive the award. Without our members, these scholarship opportunities wouldn’t be possible!
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must possess the following characteristics:
- Meet the minimum entrance and continuing academic performance standards of the Department of Information Sciences in effect at the time of any award.
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.00 basis on all college level work.
- May be either an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Maintain full time enrollment in the Department of Information Sciences at the University, unless they have fewer than twice the number of semester hours required to be full time remaining in their degree program.
- In the event no qualified applicant possesses this characteristic, part time students in the Department of Information Sciences at the University will be eligible to be considered.